Oct 10, 2005

NaNoWriMo Time!

The situation here at HNLU grows worse by the day. Agreed, there's only about 21/2 years left. But, then I'm only afraid I might burn out before that. To prevent that, I suppose, I'll have to complete my novel, and hide away in some cave or forest, after my first royalty cheque comes through! And guys, you know what, this is the best time to write a novel. Because NaNoWriMo is just around the corner!

NaNoWriMo is the acronym for NAtional NOvel WRIting MOnth, when anyone who successfully writes a quantity-oriented 50,000 word novel is a winner. When first started in July 1999 by the illustrious Chris Baty(who's that), the number of participants then was just 21, of which just 6 ended up finishing their novels. In the next 6 years, the number of participants grew to a whopping 42,000 in the year 2004, with the organizers expecting an estimate of 60,000 participants this time around. A few guys, who participated even got their books published. Check here, if you need to see to believe!

So, I'd signed up last year, but my novel ended up a non-starter owing to end-semester examinations. But this time around, I'm not giving a damn to the end-semester exams. I'M WRITING MY NOVEL! Sure, all of you will get discounted copies. I promise. But why don't you guys, give it a try. I'll make it a tag even. So to anybody who reads this, this is a tag!

Here's more information for those interested...

NaNoWriMo History!
How NaNoWriMo works!

So, sign yourself up and come November, it's 30 days of pecking away at your keyboards for what could be a true turning point!
__________
Tagged on Technorati as
, , , , , , .

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its padayatty all the way...Keep gng man...

silverine said...

Best of luck and I will be definitely buying a copy of your novel!!

Jiby said...

Go for it, Neil! I havent read a novel in months...what better way to get back than read a friend's debut effort.Good Luck!

nestpa said...

@nishcarter - 'Chote' Ravi, you right! Thanks man! I'm considering making you the hero! Basically it is between you and Bade to be hero! I'll be the narrator!

@sangeetha - *blush the way I usually do*, *loss of words*!

@jiby & silverine - Did you both not see the tag at the end of it all? You have to honour a tag! That's an inviolable blogging code. I guess, I would feel better if we could mutually exchange novels, we wrote!

Sujith said...

there u go, so when will we get to read it? :-)

Anish Prasad said...

that is the heroine da macha,my most succesful blog till date

Jiby said...

i'll be havin a hellish time at work in nov...otherwise i wud have been definitely with you in this one. next year for sure!

Praveen said...

Hey buddy, all the best on your novel. I hope to get a discounted copy of it :).

Things are pretty hectic on my side, else I would have definitely given this a shot.

Sandeep said...

"The hardest of all things for novelist is to communicate extra-ordinary ordinariness of most human happiness." Jane Austen, R.K. Naraynan confirmed it...Now, we expect same from you...my friend. By the way, when you'll complete it?